Saturday, April 3, 2010

Author: Adriana Trigiani

I adore her books.
With the exception of the young adult book, I have read them all -- and love them all.
Can't pick a favorite -- Lucia Lucia is high on the list, so is Rococo.
But then the entire Big Stone Gap series holds a wonderfully warm place in my heart.
I KNOW BSG -- spent many nice times there -- and one of my dear friends is in the last book.

Adriana Trigiani makes me smile, makes me think, makes me laugh, makes me sad sometimes too.

At any rate, here is a quote from the most recent book, Brava Valentine:

"Next is a small purse of filet mignon in pastry, then a fresh salad of greens and pignoli nuts with sliced oranges.
I forget my troubles and slights, and do what I do best no matter what else is happening in the universe: eat. I enjoy every single bite.
Every once in a while I look down to the end of the table where Carlotta and Gianluca are engrossed in conversation, and shovel in another bite in their honor."

No comments: