Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday trip to Beadfest

Friday night, I got talked out of the Outback for dinner -- in favor of this bizarre little local steakhouse.
85 bucks later -- and the food wasn't so good, we decided not to ever go there again.

Saturday morning I was up at the preverbial CRACK o' DAWN -- ran to LabCorp for bloodwork (the 2 doc's are fighting over my thyroid levels).
Back, we grabbed our stuff and off the three of us went to Bead Fest in Philly.
Made great time til we were 15 miles of our destination.
At that point we were reduced to a 5 mile an hour crawl .
The cause?
The state was trimming tree's.
Good grief.
We got there -- used our free passes (courtesy of our friend Laura at Torchsong Glassworks).
Let the madness begin!
C was looking mostly for cabs.
I wanted some but wanted some other items.
I bought SOME stuff.
But the cabs I bought seemed to be on the small side.
I just could not find anything (on the medium to larger side) that suited me.

I spent about 50 bucks at one booth on some small ones.
At another I picked up some coral chunks, tiny seed pearls, etc.

The real damage came when I got to Betcey's booth -- the damage was obscene.
Truly obscene.
But the majority of it was in rivoli's, Lacy's Stiff Stuff -- and then beads.
Good lord.
And had my knee not hurt so bad and my feet not been so tired, I would have done more.
After I checked out, I saw something I wanted but there was not enough in me to go back and stand in line again.
Unfortunately, there were several crabby old women in line -- when I was trying to get some 15's they managed to snarl out something about "we ARE in line you know". I smiled my best smile and said I knew that -- but I was just trying to reach some beads.
If their feet hurt I could understand, but sheesh, there is no reason for nastiness.

The ride home was good.
I collapsed on the couch, and rested for a bit.
The worst part was the horrendous upper thigh/leg cramp I got when we got home -- dehydration, thy name is ME -- I didn't drink ANY water yesterday !
Then a shower, half a pill and I hit the bed!
Sleep was interrupted a lot, but I stayed in the bed til 8.

Not much to do today -- the grocery store, and a dash (crawl??) in to Walmart.
Then home and I am beading.

Part of me wants to do some work but the other parts are screaming NO.

No comments: