Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday morning at the Shore

Icky humid.
Colleen and I got the store run over with in a hurry.
I swear, prices keep going higher!

We came home, put everything up and changed clothes. Off to the beach to look for shells -- thinking that since we had a storm the pickings would be better than usual.
Our adventure took us over to North Brigantine Beach -- we haven't been there before.
The waves were just too high to warrant being on the beach.
We did stay and watch a few surfers though -- in the foggy misty rain.
Perhaps we will venture back again before the weather turns too cold.

Off the island and back across AC and we landed back at Ventor City beach.
Tide was beginning to come in with moderate sized waves.
This time we walked back towards AC instead of up towards Margate.
The pickings were slim.
By the time we turned around to head back the choices were getting better.
Right in front of where we walk out to the beach it got better.
The trip was cut a bit short, but we both still got some shells.

This will be a weekend adventure until the weather gets just too cool to brave it.
The downside to our little adventure is that I just hate the stickiness of the salt water.

And I swear, someone just keeps on flushing this thing -- I see a shell, grab for it, someone hits the flush button again.
Up come the waves, I get wet again.

1 comment:

abeadlady said...

You are too funny, Katie. I sooo wish I lived that close to the beach, but I'm 3 hrs away. Got to go recently so I can't complain too much. lol

Arline