Saturday, December 6, 2008

Some good days/one bad

Have had some good days/some bad.
The hamstring is wild again.
Wednesday at work it tightened up so unexpectedly that I could barely get around.
There were times it took my breath away.
Came home, dug in my stuff til I found the remaining muscle relaxer (my doc refused to give me 10 -- but wanted to prescribe a sleeping pill instead -- twit).
ANYway, I took it and it helped some.
Thursday I was supposed to hit a huge party in Princeton with the main guy -- didn't happen. I could hve done it but would have been miserable and wretched.
Dang it -- I wait all year for that party.
But it will come next year.
Spent the day just enjoying things.

Friday was good
Had a great time -- we drove up old route 9 to Forked River (that is Ford-ed River by the locals) -- we were headed to Seaside but never made it.
Stopped at Surf Taco for lunch -- GREAT wonderful healthy food !
On the way back I convinced them to stop at an architectural salvage yard. -- OMG!
I am sorry that it was so cold ... we could have spend eons there. I took some random pictures that I am going to have to get posted.
He wanted to stop at an antique shop on the way back -- they had vintage coke machines.
That was another adventure.
We hit a bakery further down the road (like any of the 3 of us needed it.....).
Got home, hung out for a bit... then went and had italian for dinner.
Came back and we watched "Wild Hogs".
Then birthday cake -- the three of us have birthdays within 3 weeks so we do the middle one for cake.

A great day.

2 comments:

Doris said...

The hamstring problem doesn't sound good but the birthday cake, the trip and the Italian dinner do.
Let's hope that hamstring gets better and stays that way!

Katie B said...

I am thinking that until I loose a ton o' weight, the hamstring is going to keep rearing it's ugly head.
I'm shooting for the new year to begin again -- but am already revamping my habits to go BACK to drinking lots of water!