Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fundraiser

I've been working hard on the fundraiser for my co-worker, Kathy.
It all comes together on Friday at the Ducktown Tavern.
Our committee has been so diligent in getting prizes, asking for donations and getting it all ready.
The other members of the committee have been ab-fab to work with.
Just wonderful people !

Ducktown is donating the food too !

My co-workers have accused me of strong-arming people for donations.
The current favorite line is: "I can commit you to ten tickets, can't I ? "
The person on the other end of the line stutters and says yes.
(only 1 has been standoff-ish)

I email them the list of prizes for the drawings and that seems to make it better :)
Eagles tickets,
Fliers tickets (in corporate boxes with food and drink),
gift baskets,
food,
wine,
golf thingies (2-somes, 4-somes, and memberships),
spa type treatments.
you name it, we probably have it.

Friday will be a long LONG night, but it will all be worth it.
I am hoping we raise lots of money for her!

No comments: