Monday, June 14, 2010

Nice Weekend; horseracing

It WAS a great weekend!
Didn't do that much, but we have fun.

I've been terribly tired -- but I attribute that to the rx. (yes I am self medicating, I stopped one of the nighttime pills for a couple of days and I feel good again. Maybe I will do every OTHER night).

Saturday was low key: errands, bought fresh bread, etc.
We watched Rachel Alexandra win the Fleur De Lis stakes at Churchill Downs. (a stakes after my own heart !).

Then Sunday we watched Zenyatta win at Hollywood Park.

Part of me wants to see them meet -- part of me doesn't.

And then there is the part that wants to see Zenyatta retired, go out undefeated.
I'm afraid they will run her down.
It's said that she is pointed to the Classic again this year at Breeder's Cup (at Churchill Downs) -- makes me just a bit twitchy to think about it.
I know someone who knows someone and I thought about asking about tickets, but...... don't know yet.

No comments: