Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years foodie post

Ok -- so tradition says must have Black Eyed Peas on New Years.
And cabbage.
Got the cabbage.

Due to the willingness and KINDNESS of one of my co-workers, I have a supply of Luck's blackeyed peas and pinto beans!
He went south for Christmas -- I begged for a care package.
Not only did he come back with 10 cans of each, he also brought me a small bag of Martha White hot rize cornmeal mix.
What a goodie box from the Food Lion !!

At any rate, I have a pan of cornbread in the oven right now. Just wish I still had a good seasoned iron skillet.
But that's ok -- I will make do.

Will fix the BEP's later and will do a small thing of cabbage!!

Good luck should abound!

And if nothing else, it will be WARM on this sunny, frigid day (currently 24 with wind chill of 11)!

Weather blurb: last night we had wind gusts of up to 50 mph -- and we were without power for about an hour. Colleen and I entertained ourselves with flashlights (what can I say, we are easy).

2 comments:

Doris said...

Oh no! We did not have black eyed peas. I wonder if it matters? :-)

Katie B said...

Well Doris -- I just had someone tell me I should have also eatten greens. My family never did .. so I guess I am ok.
It only matters if you are really really superstitious.
In my case, I was just really hungry for home food !