Sunday, June 29, 2008


Friday night we went out to dinner.
Funny thing is, the appetizers are awesome.
Their main course was good.
My pasta sucked -- it was way before al dente.
It was freaking crunchy.
I sent it back.
The waiter was wonderful and I tipped him well -- not his fault.

Saturday was our big Yard Sale (in the entire complex).
The weather was BRUTALLY hot.
Good lord.
We didn't make money hand over fist.
But we did make about $50 before the fee. (weird thing is -- in our little town, you can only have 2 yardsales a year--- and the police go out and monitor them every weekend!).
Funny people showed up -- the little oriental man who was speed walking and checking out all of the houses (3 on our cul de sac; the black couple who had us rolling laughing; the little old lady with ONE tooth on the bottom (dressed in two black sweaters and long pants) who just wanted to tell us jokes and "listen to you laugh... you have brought so much joy to my day."C tried to give her a bottle of water -- we were worried about her out in the heat.

It was supposed to last from 9 to 2. We were out beating them away at 8.
At 12:30 -- I surrendered to the heat. We didn't have much left anyway.
There were some bargains to be had -- especially if we liked you: I practically gave away a handmade quilt stand to this wonderful couple from New Orleans.
C fell in love with this little boy from across the street -- and sold him her pink dumbbells "I'm gonna get me some muscles now!".
It was fun in a twisted way.
We took showers, ate and collapsed in the A/C for the remainder of the afternoon.
I think we went out and ran an errand but I can't remember.
When she went to bed, I watched part of Rounders, worked on my bracelet (pink and black) and then collapsed in bed.
Slept like a rock.

Today was off to the store.
Back home.
I did work from home for about 2 hours (I HATE the end of the month).
We did breakfast.
Then goofed a bit.
Out to Bed Bath & Beyond.
Another short errand and back home.
I had tons of laundry to do.
Tomorrow I am going in on the 4:40 train.
Last day of the month and there is too much to do. 3.5 days to work this week.
Thank you sweet Jesus.
We get off at 1 on Thursday and my fat ass will be on the 1:47 pm train home!


abeadlady said...

You are toooo funny, Katie. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself even if it was hot.

Beading like a crazy woman these days. Taught 3 classes today at the LBS. Keeps me out of trouble. NOT!

Have you recovered from your fall?


Katie B said...

Yes I am about over the fall -- still a bit sore.
I'm trying to finish my BFAC.
and I have so many other things I need to work on !
what classes are you teaching?