Sunday, November 29, 2009

Birthday day !

Birthday was awesome.
I spent the day with the family -- as it should be !

Colleen and I went out and ran a couple of errands early -- before the crowds got out.
I bought myself the new Bon Jovi cd while it was still on sale at BestBuy.
Stopped at Kohl's and grabbed some socks while I still had a discount card.
(For the record, socks are like Christmas lights to me........ you just can't have enough of them!).

A couple of other stops and we were home.
He got up and then off we went on our days adventure.

I opted for the local diner for brunch -- I had a craving for a Belgian waffle.

Lunch done and we headed out to the Noyes Museum.
They have an exhibit for photo's from Weird NJ magazine.
I was a bit disappointed -- some were good, a couple were REALLY good.
A lot were mediocre.
But we enjoyed it -- and Colleen and I took in the other exhibits as well.
(Noyes is very small -- very. But it is an enjoyable afternoon for a small price).
The gift shop has someone's beaded bracelets for sale -- nice, but nothing spectacular.
And the beaded Christmas ornaments were "ok" -- but then, I am not a basic beaded ornament person.
Show me something that rocks my socks off and I am impressed -- but basic netting over an ormanent?
Not gonna flip my switch.

After that we ran out the the Feed Store on English Creek road -- Colleen needed to get Frontline for the dogs. I mistakenly grabbed the coupon out of the local magazine -- $2 off your purchase over $30.
I failed to see the small fine print "not good on Frontline". Very small print.
The guy at the register was down right rude about it. He snipped at me. I took the coupon back, apologized, said that I did not see the fine print and I walked out of the store, leaving them to get their merchandise.
I will NOT go back there.
Probably no skin off if his nose, but they have lost a customer because of his rudeness.

Then we went driving... our "adventures" as we call them. Start out -- random turns, just being Lookie Lou's -- enjoying the day.
We ended up down a road that came out on the bay -- it had a marina but we couldn't get all the way down to it because of the big holes in the road. Had we had one of the CRV's it would have been ok, but Colleen's care is a bit lower to the ground so we didn't chance it.
As we came back up the street there was a great old abandoned house. I jumped out to take some pictures.
There is something about old buildings that I love.
Methinks part of the attraction is the element of danger, of being someplace I shouldn't be.

Home, leftovers, warmth (It was quite breezy and cold for me yesterday).
And presents !

1 comment:

GraceBeading said...

Sounds like a perfect day, glad you had fun, you deserve it!

I want to see photos of that abandoned house though... please?